.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Renewal Bible Study

Dedicated to informing and challenging Christians for the renewing of their mind.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hey! Teacher! Leave Them Kids Alone!

Every morning when I drive home from work, I listen to the Kevin and Bean Morning Show on KROQ. A lot of the stuff they do, I find them to be pretty hilarious, though often times, it is a guilty pleasure. I really should find something better to listen to, but as much as I channel surf, I tend to land straight back to 106.7.

On Tuesday morning, one topic of discussion kept my attention: Teachers having sex with students. This is coming off the headline news where a 25 year old former beauty pagaent Spanish teacher slept with one of her 18 year old students. If she is found guilty, she can get 20 years minimum in behind bars.

I wasn't a Christian in high school. When I got to high school, I had my share of Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" fantasies, but that's all they were. There just weren't any "hot" teachers to even fantasize about at my school. A blessing in disguise!

Well, as the morning show would have it, they asked their audience to call in and tell about their student/teacher affairs (they specifically asked for those who weren't scarred because of this experience). In general, this is what I heard: Female teachers seducing male students; male teachers seducing female students; and same sex seductions. And all the callers I heard said they were under 18 when these events happened.

My first reaction to the guy who was seduced by his teacher: I wish that could have been me (had there been a hot teacher at my school)! My second reaction: What the hell am I saying?!

It was easy to react the way I did initially. It's what I desired before I was a Christian when I was in high school. The insane thing is...my second reaction would not have come up had I not thought about my own kids. That's when it hit home.

The public schools are bad enough as it is. The violence between students is nuts, the promiscuity shocking, and the curriculum abhorrent. Now add to that the promiscuity of teachers with their students.

One caller said that if his son went through the same thing he did, he would give him a high five. Heh. What if his daughter went through it? Or what if his daughter went through it with a female teacher?

I only heard about 4 calls come into the show, but from what I have gathered from the DJs, their phone lines were lit up and it was the same way when they had done this topic before. One has to wonder how often this is happening.

I had already made my decision years ago that I would homeschool my kids. This topic of teachers having sex with students only gives me another reason why I will homeschool. And I'll never let my son see a Van Halen video...ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home